Critical Thinking Development
If…then ltd has been active in the field of Critical Thinking for over ten years. It is renowned for its considerable experience and innovation in providing training, developing critical thinking skills, business decision-making, teaching, and other services in this subject.
If…then has the great advantage of being completely independent. In this way, its services and resources are not tied to the demands of assessment boards or any other organisation (with all the limitations and narrowness that such demands bring). We allow Critical Thinking to develop freely, by stressing its hugely creative potential.
Critical Thinking is concerned with the significance of claims that are made.
Here’s an example.
In 2010, it was reported that severely depressed people eat twice as much chocolate per month than the non-depressed.
So what’s going on here? What’s the explanation?
- Is it that depression somehow makes people eat more chocolate? Perhaps by chemical changes?
- Is it that eating lots of chocolate makes us depressed? Again, perhaps by chemical changes?
- Both of the above?
- People who eat a lot of chocolate feel guilty about this and this adds to negative feelings to create depression.
- Severely depressed people are more likely to have time off work, giving more opportunities for chocolate-eating.
- All of these?
- None of these…perhaps something else?
- Just coincidence?
Call +44 (0)1473 748014 for more information on how developing Critical Thinking skills with our seminars, workshops, and other services will change your business, your students, and your outlook for the better.
We also offer a range of Critical Thinking products to develop these important skills.
There are free resources for critical thinking now available on this website. At this stage, there’s material for those who wish to use critical thinking in business, for students, and for teachers. There will soon be some sample material for …
+ Read more
Posted by: Roy
“Ideas won't keep. Something must be done about them.”